The Lodge at Pine Cove has been operated since 1999 under its current ownership. We are an independent family owned business. Our key teams are Front Desk & Bookings, Housekeeping, Kitchen and Maintenance.
At Pine Cove, we are always on the lookout for people to join our team. Our current vacancies are listed below, however if you feel that your skills or experience might help us in some way please feel free to send us a speculative application to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you share our passion for distinctive guest service, working as a team, hard work, and commitment to improve on what we do every day – then we would like to hear from you. Although we are a seasonal operation, running late April to late October, a number of our team return to work at Pine Cove each year.
Hospitality experience is an advantage; however, we provide training regardless of your background and many of our team have joined us from outside the hotel industry.
Our housekeeping team is a crucial part of delivering our guest experience. We have a reputation for beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean cottages. We currently have vacancies in both our Housekeeping (mainly focused on cleaning and tidying cottages) and Laundry teams. We are looking for great team players, with an attention to detail, who are able to provide guest service even at stressful times with a smile. We offer an hourly rate of $17.50 at 40 hours a week ($700), season end-bonus based on performance, and a share of gratuities. Staff housing options are available.
• Cleaning and tidying cottages: before, during and after guest stays
• Assisting guests with any cottage related enquiries
• Helping other teams as required
We are currently looking for a chef to join our team. Our Kitchen is responsible for producing our signature hamper breakfasts, picnic and BBQ baskets, and running our Brûlé Restaurant. Our Kitchen team values people who are team players, focused, striving for excellence,
and able to work in a calm and professional manner. We offer a weekly salary (depending on experience), a season end-bonus based on performance, and a share of gratuities. Staff housing options are available.
• Prepare all food and cook menu items to specification
• Lead the kitchen
• Ensure all items of the menu are prepared and available for service at all times
• Food ordering and stock keeping as required
• Respond to customer feedback as required
• Work to a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness at all times
• Work as part of the kitchen team to ensure all areas of the kitchen are
cleaned and ready for service
• Store and handle all products to house standards (i.e. we date everything.)
• Completes all relevant records i.e. temperature log books.
Job description – Working in a busy kitchen under an experienced chef you will assist
with food prep, preparing picnics, breakfast hampers, charcuterie trays and dinners and
take your turn doing dishes.
You will be willing to be trained in various food prep including pastry making.
Requirements – Used to working in a commercial kitchen with good knife skills would
be useful. The ability to work quickly in a team environment and be able to take
direction are absolutely necessary.
Wage – $17.50 – 19.00 per hour depending on experience, plus season end bonus and
References – Please provide references, contact information and a resume with your
Other – We offer free room in our staff house which is equipped with separate bedrooms
a communal kitchen and living room. The lodge is a beautiful environment and you will
be able to canoe/kayak/swim/fish on your days off. Your own transportation is necessary.
This is your chance to learn new cooking skills from our chef.
Courtney Loomis – Personnel Supervisor
Tel – 705-898-2500
email – email@example.com
• Greet and seat guests with a positive attitude
• Serve tables during dinner service
• Prepare drinks at the bar – knowledge of cocktails is a plus!
• Maintain ambience of restaurant – lighting, music, cleanliness, hygiene
• Clean, prep and assemble breakfast hampers during the afternoon
• Setup for dinner service and clear down after dinner service
• Assist kitchen with cleaning dishes
Front Desk Clerk
Our Front Desk team is responsible for assisting our guests from making
their booking all the way through to the moment they leave Pine Cove. You
are the first point of contact for most guest enquiries and guest requests.
We are currently looking for a Front Desk Clerk to join our team from
May / June through to the end of the season in October. We offer a weekly
salary (depending on experience), a season end-bonus based on
performance, and a share of gratuities. Staff housing options are available.
• Looking after guest experience at arrival and departure
• Providing guests with distinctive service, efficiently and courteously
• Handling check-in/out documentation with guests including final invoicing & payment.
• Taking the initiative with guests, asking for feedback and take appropriate actions when necessary
• Explaining activities to guests to engage them in their surroundings – water activities, hiking, dining, resort or local events.
• Coordinating guest requests with other teams
• Handling guest enquiries on the phone, as needed. Processing and completing bookings.
• At times you will be required to take a guest into their accommodation, serve a drink at the bar, assist the housekeeping team, make a cup of tea, help serve or work with us in the kitchen.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 705 898 2500.