Housekeeping postion in beautiful luxury resort with a great team.
Term - Mid- August to third week October.
Room and Board - Free with very good food.
Hours - 8.30am - 5.00pm five days per week
Wage - $12.50 to $14.00/hour.
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone wanting to keep everything they earn, pay no rent or food costs and enjoy living in a beautiful location. Use of kayaks and canoes and company car for occasional use.
Sous-chef / Cook / Chef de Partie
To prepare meals consistently to the correct dish specification and in keeping with company food safety management policy. Have meals ready for service to the customer in accordance with house standard.
Working as part of a dedicated team, the cook undertakes the day to day running of the kitchen in the absence of the executive chef / kitchen manager, and is in charge of any section of the kitchen that he / she is assigned to.
- Prepare all food to specification
- Work to a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness at all times
- Works as part of the kitchen team to ensure all areas of the kitchen are cleaned and ready for service
- Ensure all items of menu are prepared and available for service at all times
- Stores and handles all products to house standards
- Evolve dishes and menu sections in agreement with the executive chef / kitchen manager
- Assists in food ordering and stock keeping as required
- Completes all relevant records i.e. temperature log books
Profile of applicant
- Experience in a restaurant kitchen environment essential; relevant qualifications are preferred and a solid background of kitchen leadership would also be an advantage
- Self-motivation and a passion for hospitality and cooking
- Well organised and methodical in their approach with great attention to detail and quality
- Be able to demonstrate high standard of food preparation
- Be able to demonstrate effective time management in a busy kitchen environment
- Might have worked as a sous chef or chef de partie in previous roles
- Must be able to work unsociable hours including weekends
Wage - $13 to $19 per hour; depending on experience